Synergetics legal and policy services offer regulatory advice and expert witness representation for clients experiencing legal environmental difficulties. We have experience with policy-making within industry and industry associations, and in State, Federal and National Government. We have a good understanding of the legal systems and close networks with various regulatory authorities and have successfully represented clients in various courts.
Synergetics legal and regulatory services include:
- advice on regulatory issues of compliance and on various legal conditions and license requirements;
- technical reports to be submitted for legal purposes. These reports may involve the assessment of technical information provided by the client and/or the collection of data and modelling to support a case;
- works approval applications and other documents required to satisfy project approval or court processes. These reports may involve the assessment of technical information provided by the client and/or the collection of data and modelling to support a case;
- liasing with local councils, planners, regulatory bodies, government departments and community groups to secure development consent;
- expert witness representation in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), Panel Hearings, Senate Committee and High Court cases;
- comments on new or existing environmental or occupational hygiene policy, laws, guidelines or regulations; and
- policy development of new regulations or amendments to previously existing ones.